Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What the New Year Brings

Yeah, yeah... everyone makes goals for the New Year, and most everyone shoots for the moon only to hit the O-zone and fall right back to where they once were.  I'm only twenty, and I haven't really had too many chances to set serious goals to accomplish during my life.  Well - I've got quite a few on my list this year, and I plan to make them all happen.

Goal #1 - Graduate in December of 2011.  I'm a little ahead of schedule in earning my undergraduate degree, so I plan to take full advantage of that and graduate an entire semester early.  Only 29 credit hours to go!

Goal #2 - Run the Boilermaker race in Utica, NY come July.  It's a 15K and I am so ready to begin the training for it!  It'll be a precursor to Goal #3...

Goal #3 - Run the Half Marathon in Akron, OH in September.  This is a full 13 mile race.  I've got a partner in crime (my sister, Brenda) who will be right beside me, pushing through to the last minute of the race.

Goal #4 - Eat fewer Doritos and a little less Taco Bell.  Ok, this one is going to be tough.  But, I am smart enough not to even try to make a goal to cut my large pizza in-take in half.  That's just unrealistic.

Goal #5 - Have a little more fun.  I tend to take school very seriously - and I don't intend to care less about school - I just need to give myself more time for relaxation, fun, and new experiences.  If I plan to graduate in a year, I should plan to fit in as much fun with my friends from school as possible.

Five Goals.  One Year.  Each one is 100% achievable.  But, that doesn't mean it's going to be easy.  Tune in once in a while for new tales regarding my goal-reaching efforts.

1 comment:

  1. I think goal setting is a phenomenal way to achieve your desires! Having a vision is key, and you've got it! Now I just need to get to a physical therapist so I can also do some serious training for our races!

    ReplyDelete