Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Because I Can't Feel My Legs...

I must have been sitting in the strangest of positions a moment ago, as I have tried to get up but failed due to a throbbing and tingling right leg.  I feel a crease in my calf and I think that means my slipper was cutting off circulation to my foot.

And, because of this, I have decided to update my followers (ha, since I have none!) on my (un)eventful January.

I have gotten into a routine, of sorts, now that I am in the second week of the spring semester.  This routine will help me to make it to the gym a couple days a week and to have more fun with my roommates.  Oh, and make time for school work.  Yippee.

I've made it a point to be more conscious about my wasting as a consumer of goods.  Since I've been back to school for almost two weeks now, I have accumulated a grocery bag of recyclables - it's bursting at its seams!  It worries me, though, because I know this means I have wasted a lot in the past since it only took two weeks to save up this much to recycle.  Not only do I worry about my waste in the past, but I worry about how much everyone else is wasting.  Ick.

It is hard to be conscious of waste as a college student living in housing that does not include a washer and dryer or designated recycling containers.  If I want to recycle, I have to bring my bag of goods to my sister's house where there a recycling bin to be picked up by the city's sanitation department.  If I want to use cloth towels and washcloths to clean up messes and to dust, etc., I need to take those cleaning cloths to my sister's to wash.  Unfortunately, it is easier to use throw-away rags and paper towels. 

Needless to say, I have a room full of recyclables and dirty cloths at all times.  It makes for a messier room, but hopefully it's worth it.

...Now that my leg has feeling, I guess I'll get up and be productive for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment